Each year, increasing numbers of us will travel abroad whether for business, visiting family and friends or for leisure. International airlines now carry about 3 billion passengers per year! This travel is not without risk, including exposure to serious communicable diseases such as Ebola and Yellow Fever, in addition to environmental hazards related to extremes of heat, cold and altitude. To better prepare and and reduce avoidable risks, we strongly recommend that prospective travellers visit our EMC Travel Clinic at least 6 weeks before departure.
EMC Travel Clinic provides:
- Personalized information about health hazards in area of destination
- Immunizations according to previous vaccine history, current health status, travel itinerary, planned activities and duration
- Medications for malaria prophylaxis
- Recommendations on protection from environmental hazards such as Altitude sickness, Extremes of heat and cold, advice on personal safety, sexual health, etc.
- Follow up examination after the trip to rule out asymptomatic infections and serious tropical infections
Vaccines available at EMC include international and Russian preparations licensed by the Russian Ministry of Health:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Meningitis ACWY
- Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis
- Tick Borne Encephalitis