About the robotic surgery center
EMC encloses unique competencies in the field of robotic surgery in Russia
- Operations using the Da Vinci robot since 2012
- World renowned surgeons from Western Europe and Russia
- Robotic operations of any complexity in oncology, gynecology and gynecological oncology, urology, plastic and reconstructive surgery, colorectal surgery, general and thoracic surgery.
- Unique operations performed for the first time in Russia
EMC is one of the leaders in the field of robotic surgery in Russia. It is the first private clinic in the country, which carries out operations using the Da Vinci Si HD robotic system. We performed the first robotic in 2012.
Da Vinci is a breakthrough in surgery
The use of the Da Vinci system is a breakthrough in surgical treatment, as long as this minimally invasive technology is by far the most advanced in the field of endoscopic surgery.
During the operation, the doctor gets a 3D image under 10x magnification of the surgical field. The surgeon operates the robot using special manipulators that transmit the slightest movements of his fingers. Since the robot has three “arms”, and all of them have 360-degree mobility, use of the Da Vinci system makes it possible to perform the most complex operations in areas inaccessible to the surgeon's hands - in fact, through punctures on the skin. Previously, such interventions were most often open.
Seven degrees of freedom of the surgical instruments provide the most accurate manipulations with minimal damage to nerve branches and vessels.
Unique international team
EMC has a unique international team of surgeons with huge experience in performing the most complex robotic interventions. Among our doctors is Vladimir Nosov, a gynecologist and gynecologist oncologist, certified by the US National Commission, an ENT surgeon from France Jean-Rene Milier, being also a chief freelance specialist, and a thoracic surgeon from Moscow - Evgeny Tarabrin, as well as many others.
Benefits of robotic assisted surgery:
- pinpoint accuracy of interventions;
- reduction of operation time;
- minimal blood loss;
- minimal trauma to the surrounding tissues;
- minimal risk of postoperative complications;
- minimal pain syndrome;
- the fastest possible recovery.
With the help of the Da Vinci robot EMC carries out the most complex operations :
- on the thyroid gland: thyroidectomy - removal of the thyroid gland, hemithyroidectomy - removal of the lobe of the thyroid gland. Advantages: operations are performed through the axillary approach, without scars on the neck and preserving the vocal nerves;
- on the organs of the head and neck: removal of tumors of the oral cavity, nasopharynx, oropharynx, larynx, vocal cords, trachea, salivary glands, neck lymphadenectomy, robotic tonsillectomy, robotic resection of the tongue root; ENT surgeons from EMC are the only specialists in Russia who apply the technology of transoral surgery (TORS) using the Da Vinci robotic unit for operations in the oropharynx and laryngopharynx;
- in urology for the treatment of adenoma and prostate cancer, kidney cancer, correction of urinary incontinence, as well as for treatment of hydronephrosis in children from 2 years of age. Types of operations: prostatectomy, nephrectomy, kidney resection, cystectomy, pyeloplasty; carrying out a robotic prostatectomy in many cases allows the removal of the prostate while preserving erectile function;
- in gynecology for benign diseases of the uterus and cervix, requiring removal of the uterus; surgical treatment for uterine fibroids, malignant and borderline ovarian tumors, prolapse of the genitals (sacrocolpopexy), precancerous conditions and some forms of cervical cancer (extended Wertheim operation with removal of lymph nodes and radical trachelectomy), endometrial cancer;
- in general surgery for cysts and neoplasms of the pancreas, liver, spleen; surgical treatment for gallstone disease, chronic cholecystitis, malignant and benign neoplasms of the stomach, adrenal glands, Barrett's esophagus;
- in colorectal surgery: treatment of transverse colon, sigmoid and small intestine cancer, anal cancer, treatment of diverticular disease and benign neoplasms of the colon and rectum, rectal prolapse; treatment of complications of NUC, Crohn's disease; treatment of neoplasms of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis; the advantages of such robotic operations are the rapid restoration of organ function and a quick return to a normal food intake and usual life;
- in thoracic surgery: treatment of lung cancer and other tumors of the lungs, pleura, pericardium, mediastinum, chest, thymoma; treatment of cysts of the lung and mediastinum; treatment of malformations of the lungs, mediastinal organs; treatment of tumors and cicatricial stenosis of the trachea and bronchi;
- in bariatric surgery: treatment of morbid obesity II and III degree.
EMC doctors were the first in Russia to perform a number of robot-assisted operations:
- 2012 - the first in private practice gynecological and gynecological oncological operations on the Da Vinci Si HD robot.
- 2013 - the first robot-assisted cystprostatectomy with lymphadenectomy (removal of the bladder, prostate and lymph node chain) in Russia in a patient with bladder cancer.
- 2014 - the first total thyroidectomy in Russia using the Da Vinci robot.
- 2014 - the first robotic hemithyroidectomy in Russia (removal of the nodular formation of the right lobe of the thyroid gland).
- 2015 - a unique simultaneous radical robotic prostatectomy and falloprosthetics.
- 2017 - the first robot-assisted ureteral plastic surgery in Russia in a two-year-old child. In 2018 another patient under 2 years of age underwent a similar operation.
- 2019 - the first trachylectomy in Russia (removal of the tumor-affected cervix with surrounding tissues while preserving the uterus and ovaries) using the Da Vinci robot.